Our commitment to your privacy
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update your personal information which we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact us in any way.
You may visit the free parts of our site without identifying yourself in any way.
Your personal information
Some computerone.co.nz services can only be accessed by becoming a computerone.co.nz subscriber. These are called "Fee-Based Services". If you access any of our Fee-Based Services, you may need to provide us with certain personal information, including:
- your name;
- your email address
- Your credit card number, type (Visa, etc), the name on your card, and the expiry date;
- Your residential or postal address;
- Your contact telephone number(s)
(collectively, "your personal information").
Collecting your personal information
We collect and use personal information about you to:
- Supply what you want or give you the access you need: for example, if you want to subscribe to computerone.co.nz or our magazines, or purchase any other product from us; receive one of our email newsletters; or contact us;
- To administer your subscription efficiently;
- Conduct market research surveys;
- Tell you about our new products and services;
- Protect the rights or property of computerone.co.nz, ComputerOne, or any computerone.co.nz user.
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time.
ComputerOne.co.nz subscribers can do this on the Site by entering their username and password and going to the "Your Account" page. (Click the link at the top of the page.).
Alternatively, you may contact Customer Services at http://computerone.co.nz/contact
Storing your personal information
When you subscribe to computerone.co.nz your personal information (excluding your credit card details) is stored on the Site in a secure server. This is so you can view and update it as necessary. Your personal information is only able to be accessed by entering your username and password.
Your credit card details are temporarily stored on the Site on our secure server until your registration/order is completed and your payment is confirmed. After your registration is complete, these details are transferred to our offline subscriptions database using a secure transfer mechanism.
We will not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- We need to do so to provide you with the content, service or features you have requested;
- We are completing financial transactions with our bank;
- We need to do so to protect the rights or property of computerone.co.nz, ComputerOne NZ, or any computerone.co.nz user;
- We are required to do so by law.
Collecting site usage information
We monitor site usage by analyzing aggregated user information. This helps us improve the site to give you the information, services and features you want. This information is aggregated and does not identify you individually.
We do monitor the number of successful logins on each subscriber user name. This allows us to identify potential abuse or unauthorized use of the Site.
ComputerOne.co.nz uses "cookies" to improve your use of computerone.co.nz services.
We use temporary (per-session) cookies, for the following purposes:
- To "remember" that a computerone.co.nz subscriber has logged in. This means that you don't have to enter your username and password more than once a visit.
- To determine if your Internet browser has Java-script enabled. If not, we display some pages in a different format.
- To determine if your Internet browser is compatible with the site. If you have an early version browser the site may not display correctly and some features may not operate properly. In this situation we will display a warning message to you.
- To help us keep track of items you have added to your shopping basket for purchase, so we can process your order.
Please note: Our temporary cookies must be accepted in order to login and gain access to the Fee-Based Services on the Site, or to purchase a subscription or product from us. If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie (Yes/No). Please select "Yes".
Our temporary cookies will disappear when you close your browser or logout of computerone.co.nz.
We use permanent (persistent) cookies for our automatic login feature. When enabled on a computer, this feature means that members don't have to manually login each time they visit computerone.co.nz from that computer. Your browser must be set to accept permanent cookies for this feature to work.
You can choose not to enable this feature. If you do choose to use the automatic login, this feature can be turned off at any time by logging out.
Important! You should not use the automatic login feature unless you are the only person who has access to the computer. Never enable this feature on a public access computer - this could allow other people to access the site under your login and access your computerone.co.nz account details.
If you are an Online subscriber, we may contact you to:
- Clarify details about your subscription or purchase decisions;
- Advise you of changes to our services or new products or promotions;
- Respond to any enquiries you make; or
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our Site.
All computerone.co.nz subscribers receive our "Site Update" newsletter. All Site users can 'opt-in' to receive this and our other email newsletters.
You may choose to remove yourself from any email newsletter group, by following the "unsubscribe" prompt at the bottom of each email.
Links to other websites
Computerone.co.nz provides links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the content on those sites. We do not necessarily endorse those sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organizations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
ComputerOne.co.nz is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any complaint you make about your privacy.